Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Finish with flourish!


It's been interesting this spring to be sitting in my chair sitting in my chair in the mornings, watching the sun come up.  The earlier rising is to be expected, of course. My windows (and chair) face generally southeast, and I am surprised by how quickly the sun is moving to the north.  As it comes over the ridge, it shines in my eyes and I have to pull the drapery to cover it.  I'm having to close it more and more each day, it seems.  Just a little celestial observation.
---------------------------------------
The very quiet day finished with a flurry of activity.  I had a date for dinner with Carol and Stephen.  The restaurant we had picked turned out to be closed on Tuesday night, so we went to Plan B and went to another nearby location.  We hadn't visited since before Christmas, so we had a lot of catching up to do.  A fun time! 

Shortly after I got home, Tina called.  We hadn't talked in several months, so again, we had a lot of catching up to do.  That's always special, too, and it'll be great to see her when we go to the beach. 

As I was finishing my conversation, my cell phone rang.  It was Margaret.  So I verbally hugged Tina and hung up.  Margaret was working on our flight reservations to get to Juneau for our Alaska trip in August.  That took a while, but now that is done.  And we talked plans for the family trip to Hendersonville and Kentucky in May.  2017 is turning out to be a busy travel year.

No comments: