Sunday, January 29, 2017

Back to winter Sunday


Margaret came by this afternoon.  She brought me a latching metal can for my bird seed that I can keep on the deck.  That should keep the raccoons and squirrels out.  She did a bunch of small "honey-do" things for me - and all were greatly appreciated.  We also talked about finding a way to do something special with all the family.  We already go to the beach, but I've been trying to find something else.  We looked at some VRBO places here in Chattanooga and maybe we can all get together for a long weekend and all stay in one place.  We still have a third of John's ashes and have been trying to find a time that we can put them in the river outside the boathouse where he rowed.  We'll see what happens with that.

The knee was no better this morning - if anything it's worse.  I got the walker out of the closet and have been using that today.  I'm going to call the doc in the morning and see if I can get in to see him then.  In the meantime, I'm staying off of it, and taking pain medicine. 

We had a few spits of sleet this afternoon, but that was all of the winter precipitation.  It was amazing when the front came through.  It was immediate - strong winds, blowing rain, and about 15 minutes later, the sun was shining.  And the temperature has been dropping steadily since then.  Back to winter!

No comments: