Monday, October 17, 2016

Mondays can get interesting




I went to swimming and bridge today.  I came in second last week (four tables), and that was good to hear.  I'm sure I didn't do that well this time.  But I had some interesting hands and got a play a lot of successful defense (always fun).  One of my swimming buddies (Renna) fell yesterday - on her face.  She wound up with a broken nose, stitches, and dental surgery today.  At least she didn't break a big bone, but still.  I really hate it for her. Poor baby



Only two more days, and it can't come soon enough.  I went off my NSAIDs after Friday , and my body is really complaining.  I have an Rx for pain meds, but rarely take them.  That's not been true since yesterday.  Not fun at all. I didn't realize how much good the daily Rx does.  I'll sure be glad to get back on it regularly

------------------------------------------

On another front:  A group of residents and family members (50 total) met with the local Ombudsman for assisted living, etc., this afternoon.  I wasn't able to attend, but have gotten a report about it.  This large group gave a list of problems with the food (quality and service) and nursing since the new management company took over.  I gather it was a very good meeting.  The Ombudsman will digest all the information given to her and then meet with Management from the Terrace.  It will be interesting to see what happens next. Stay tuned.

No comments: