Friday, March 20, 2015

Good friends, good food, good times.

I had the greatest morning. The swim class had a post-class party (covered dish goodies and coffee) for my birthday. Just getting together is special. But the hostess had everybody tell some tidbit about me. So unexpected and so emotional for me and something I'll keep with me forever.
----------------------------------------
I think John has had enough of doctors for a few days. He cancelled this afternoon’s appointment for a second opinion. His cancer is not something unusual, and he is happy with his team. Now the next appointment is on Tuesday with the oncologist - the quarterback of the team. We’re hoping that the treatment schedule will be set up then.
-----------------------------------------

This special day ended with a special dinner. Missy, Tina, Carol & Stephen joined Jean, John, and me for a carry-out Chinese dinner. Great company, great food, and just the right amount (i.e., no leftovers).

Life is good!

No comments: