Saturday, January 24, 2015

Sunday Stealing


Easy A-Z Meme

Stolen from: FYeah Surveys



A. What are your favorite smells? New rain, bread baking

B. Can you go a whole day without caffeine? I probably could, but I wouldn’t like the withdrawal headache that ensues.

C. Who knows more about you than anyone else? John

D. What song did you last listen to? I had the “light classical” channel on Music Choice.

E. Do you wear socks to bed? No

F. Can you change a car tire? At one time I could. Now I belong to the Auto Club.

G. If you could choose one color to wear for a whole year, what color would you choose? It would probably be blue or black or purple.

H. Do you cook often? Almost every day - at least one meal.

I. What’s your least favorite season? Summer

J. Can you sew? Yes, but I don’t any more. I made all the girls’ clothes when they were little, plus my own and all of John’s sport shirts (before the days of knit shirts).

K. What is your favorite fruit? Tough question - I don’t have a favorite, I love almost all of them. Fresh and local, preferably.

L. Are you health conscious? Probably not as much as I should be

M. Do you think you’re very conscious of the feelings of others or more self oriented? I hope a good balance of both.

N. Do you curse a lot? More than I used to.

O. Do you remember lyrics easily? No

P. Can you roll your tongue? Yes

Q. Is there a certain food you often crave for no reason? Not usually, but I do on rare occasions.

R. What was the last book you purchased? Being Mortal by Atul Gawande - an excellent book

S. Where was your last vacation? A river trip on the Queen of the Mississippi, up the Missippi River from St. Louis to St. Paul.

T. Last movie you watched? Did you enjoy it? The DVD of Saving Mr. Banks. We liked it a lot.

U. Think of your oldest friend. If you met them now do you think you would still become friends? We’re such kindred spirits, I’m sure we would.

V. Paris, London and New York… which one would you live in, which would you visit for a day, which would you visit for a fortnight? I could visit NYC for a day (probably wouldn’t want more); I’d like to visit Paris for a couple of weeks; and I guess I could live in London. Since I don’t really like big cities, I probably wouldn’t like to live in any of them.

W. Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed? The closet door is always closed unless I’m actually getting something out of it. It’s not a phobia or anything.

X. Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how did it happen? HA!HA!. I slipped off one step and broke all three bones in my ankle (pins in that one) (1983). I fell going up a step to my front porch in 2012 and shattered my upper arm (three surgeries, pins & plate, partial repair, and total reverse replacement of shoulder).

Y. How do you like your eggs? Any way but raw.

Z. What was your last argument about and who with? I don’t argue much - it just doesn’t accomplish anything.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

This morning I have absolutely no interest in completing one of these. (Just a sign that I'm out of sorts.)

But I would take a couple of weeks in London. If I had sufficient funds, I would happily go to New York to stay. You have to have been there. I have never been to Paris.

Mary Z said...

Sorry you're "out of sorts" - hope that gets better soon. I've been to NYC several times - no real desire to go again. I've never been to Paris, and would like to see some of the standard sites/sights, but that's enough. I've never been to London, but picked it as possibly a place live because I wouldn't have to learn a whole new language. (Lazy me)