Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Breaking up is hard to do

Habits are hard to break. Smoking, overeating, not exercising, drinking, shopping, playing video games, etc. Well, at least I don’t smoke or drink alcohol any more. Nor do I shop or play video games.

It’s just such a teeny, tiny habit. I go to the grocery stores (which I hate) every Tuesday morning. Is this something I could actually stop? Let’s face it - when I go to two grocery stores and spend less than $75.00 total, a bunch of which includes a half-dozen birthday cards and a $10.00 sweater - I’m obviously not buying a lot of groceries.

Our freezer is crammed full of food. There are only a few perishable things (eggs, milk, etc.) that I might need on a regular, if not necessarily weekly, basis.

Do you think I might need to stop going to the store weekly? Do you think I COULD stop?

3 comments:

Harriet said...

I don't go to the market weekly any more. I would like to, only because it's an easy exercise. But I buy less and less.

Mary Z said...

Definitely the case, Harriet. I should've mentioned that that's the most walking I do.

John Going Gently said...

Yes
Simple as