Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thursday Thirteen



1. Grocery shopping is such fun.
2. Walmart and Aldi are my friends.
3. We need a little red wagon to tote groceries to the door.
4. Little black ants have returned to the kitchen.
5. Fruit gets eaten best around here when it’s cut up (thanks, Sue)
6. I’m off anything FB until 1 pm tomorrow. I had to re-do my sign-in. The penalty is having to wait 24 hours to use the new sign-in and password.
7. This means no “Words With Friends”.
8. Great Courses on Biological Anthropology recorded in 2002 already has some out-of-date stuff on it. Love those new discoveries.
9. Birthdays - Jesse on the 10th, Matt on the 12th.
10. Duplicate bridge tomorrow and Saturday
11. Cooler temperatures forecast for the next few days.
12. This ISIS (or whatever) is a terrorist organization, doing horrible things. As awful as it is/was, I don’t think the beheading of two US citizens is reason for going to all-out war. And I’m afraid that’s where we’re headed. Let’s go after the people/nations who are financing these terrorists. And, for heaven’s sake, keep Dick Cheney away from any decision-making.
13. Because today is 9/11, I am reminded of what a wise person once said: Wounds heal with time, but the scar remains forever.

No comments: