Monday, September 15, 2014

Computers

The last few days have been all about computers.

John did an update on his desktop a couple of nights ago. When he tried to start it up the next morning, it wouldn’t come up. He worked and cussed and cussed and worked, did a system restore, etc., etc., etc. Nothing seemed to work. In the meantime, my laptop on the household wifi was working just fine.

Tina came over yesterday and worked on it for several hours, including running a Norton fix, and things seemed to work okay.

Then, this morning, his computer was gone again. Only this time, mine wouldn’t work either. Well, boogers!

After some fiddling around, including a Norton fix, my laptop came up (missing some stuff off my desktop, but at least working). John’s never did.

After bridge (mostly mediocre cards), Tina came over for dinner and more computer consulting. After much work, including conversations with “Larry” in India, the desktop is finally working. And John says it’s better than it’s been in a long time. My laptop is doing fine, but still missing the small taskbar that I’ve grown dependent upon. Tina’s still going to work on that.

All in all, it was a frustrating couple of days, and thanks to Tina for keeping us “hooked up”. We were at the point of talking about new computers - maybe even Macs. There will be more on this later, I’m sure.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Nothing can scare me more -- because I have lived through some really bad computer deaths. I'm glad you got them both working again.