Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Contagious?




Jean’s been having lots problems with allergies. The problem has been around since childhood, but has gotten so very much worse. Any kind of artificial scent does really bad things to her lungs and breathing.

Well, over the last few months, John has been developing more breathing problems. He’s seen our family doc and the office PA. He has a prescription inhaler, and is using an OTC nasal spray. But over the last few weeks, even at the beach, and since we’ve been home, his symptoms have been getting worse. This morning, he made an appointment to see an allergist (a week from Friday).

This morning, he took me for my mani/pedi. As soon as I got in the car when he picked he up, he went into a spasm of coughing and choking from the salon scents that was really scary. This didn’t happen the last time he picked me up from there. Fortunately, we’re not too far away, so I was able to get out of the car and away from him quickly. I got my clothes changed and hands well washed, and things calmed down.

‘Twill be interesting to see what happens at the allergist visit.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Allergies can be a bitch, and sometimes all you can do is treat the symptoms while you observe...

I hope John's difficulties are temporary.