Thursday, May 15, 2014

Rainy night; drug questions

We got about 1.5" of much-needed rain overnight.  It sounded so nice as we were going to sleep.

Or at least John was going to sleep.   I had one of my non-sleeping nights - the brain just wouldn't shut off.  It was about 3 a.m. before I finally got to sleep.

My bone density test at the rheumatologist's showed some increase in osteopenia, and the recommendation was for one of the new drugs to combat osteoporosis.  They would not be giving right now, a week before surgery, in any case.  But we'll talk about it again in six months.  I'll have to think about that.  I'm leaning toward not doing it.  The side effects can be pretty severe, my numbers are not in the osteoporotic range (at least not yet), and the semi-annual injections are very expensive.  We shall see... 
Any comments from folks out there?



1 comment:

Harriet said...

I'd be interested to hear your experience with the injectables. I had no trouble when I began Fosamax, have switched to the generic, and -- per doctor's advice -- continue to take it.

I have yet to see any indication that an injectable would work better for me.