Monday, May 12, 2014

Getting it done

The workmen have just left here. We had the sidewalk from the driveway to the front porch redone, changing the slope to eliminate the step from the sidewalk to the porch (where I fell). They've also put in a reinforced wrought-iron handrail. It looks great. They'll be coming back in the morning to remove the wood form, and we should be able to walk on it by Wednesday. The next job is having the HVAC replaced. We're not sure when that's going to be done - hopefully before I go into the hospital.

I went in for my pretesting this morning. That took about 1 1/2 hours, with form filling out, signing, question-asking, information-giving, nasal swab, EKG, and blood work (they had to stick me three times before they could get any). I guess I'm as ready as I'm going to be.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Handrail-- excellent! I can double my exercise if I have something to hold onto.

Anticipating surgery is often worse than the actual job, so I am sending you strong thoughts.