Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Wish List Meme

1.) What are 3 things on your Wish list and why?
Good health - for obvious reasons
Making the right choices about the rest of my life.
More travel - always more travel. We still haven’t been to Spain or the Dordogne or I-don’t-know-where or back to too many places to list.

2.) What do you miss about your childhood?
Nothing I can think of.  Maybe the lack of responsibility.
 3.) What do you do on your spare time on the weekends?
When you’re retired, it’s always the weekend. Sometimes we get together with our kids who still have to work during the week. Spend more time reading the Sunday paper.

4.) What do you appreciate most in your life?
My family, my generally good health, not having financial worries, having had the opportunities to go to the places and see the things we have.

5.) Would you rather be rich or healthy?
Definitely healthy, but with enough money so it’s not a constant worry.

6.) If you could go back in time would you and why?
I don’t think I would. For many things, it’s “been there, done that”. With others, it’s a feeling that reliving things might not be as good as the reality has been. I don’t feel the need to relive anything.

7.) Favorite game as a child?
I remember loving to play jacks.

8.) What is your dream career?
Being retired - I’m pretty good at it. I enjoyed doing the work I did (medical transcriptionist, medical secretary), but I enjoy not doing it, too. I wish I were a better, more consistent, and more diligent painter.

9.) What do you do in your free time?
My time is generally my own. I knit, read, work word puzzles, watch TV, talk with family and friends.

10.) Favorite clothing stores?
That’s funny! My favorite clothing store is Wal-Mart, or catalogs (LLBean, Hanes, etc.)

11.) What TV shows can't you live without?
I can (and have when traveling) live without any of them. But I’ll surely miss NCIS when they decide to call it a day.

12.) 3 things you need in your life are:
John, my family, my friends

13.) What can't you sleep without?
I can sleep under almost any conditions. I do like to have a pillow and at least a light cover, but I can do without.

14.) What are you currently a nerd for?
Working word puzzles, double crostics, cryptograms

15.) What is your favorite seasoning?
Garlic, without a doubt!

16.) What is your favorite wild animal?
I don’t know that I have one, but I’m pretty partial to raptors (hawks and eagles) and wolves.

17.) Name 3 of your favorite childhood shows:
Remember, I’m old. We didn’t have TV when I was a child. I liked Let’s Pretend on the radio.

18.) If you could live as a character in a movie who would it be?
I’ve drawn a blank on this one.

19.) Favorite vegetable?
A fresh home-grown tomato.

20.) Favorite Fruit?
A fresh home-grown tomato

21.) If you had a dragon what would you name it?
Puff (and I stole that answer from Bev - Thanks.)

22.) What do you put on hotdogs?
At Costco, deli mustard, onions, and kraut.
At home, mustard and onions

23.) Do you play online games?
I don’t play “real-time” games with other people or timed games. I play Words with Friends, What’s That Word?, 7 Little Words, the Enigma Game, Cricklers, Mexican Train

24.) What's your favorite way to get inspired?
If I ever figured it out, I would probably spend more time painting.

25.) Do you have a middle name?
Nope, other than my maiden name. I went through my school days as “Mary (None) Wheeler”. My father didn’t like being called by both his names (the old Southern tradition), so he eliminated the problem with his children by not giving us middle names. 

No comments: