Friday, April 26, 2013

Congratulations, it's a new stove!


Well, it looks like there's a new gas stove in my future. The repair guy came. He turned on the oven, it finally clicked on, and then promptly kicked off. At least it looks like it really died this time - after all, it's only 24 years old. (I wonder if that's like dog years???)

After some searching on his database, he finally found one replacement part, and said they wanted $300 !!!! for it. He said when there are a only a few parts left for the old appliances, rather than selling them cheaply to get rid of them, they jack up the price so customers will buy a new appliance. That sounds like it just might be true. Anyhow, I paid the nice man for the service call and said I'd start looking for a new one. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh! You know how I feel about shopping.

I am getting some advice. Sue says to call my local appliance store, tell them what I want, then sign the papers. Marion says “Don’t shop, eat out.” I like the way they think, but I’ll still have to do some looking around.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

The good part is that the replacements are almost always more efficient than the old ones.

I haven't had a gas stove in forty years (no gas on this block), but my new electric stove, aside from the features I wanted, uses less electricitiy.