Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday, gray and rainy


We did the Y and coffee this morning, and then I went to painting. No masterpieces yet, but I am working on a couple of new pieces - and making some progress.

I did a bad thing when I got home, though. I had come in the house, and John was helping me bring in my stuff and put it in the back room (as usual). I was walking backwards down the hall, pulling one of the boxes, and tripped on a wrinkle in the rug/runner. Down I went! Fortunately, I landed on my butt, so no damage. I did hit my elbow, and I'm sure it'll be bruised and sore tomorrow - plus general soreness all over from the jarring. It took me a while to collect myself, and then go find a way to get up off the floor. I was SOOO mad at myself. I really hate this feeling of not being able to stay upright. Of course, John was worried sick, but he finally got calmed down, too. John was going to banish the lovely oriental runner (it was his mother's). He finally said that if I promised to either let him put up my supplies or pick up the rug first, he’d put it back. Of course, I promised.


Now I KNOW I'm really going to appreciate the massage tomorrow.

==================================

Our grandsons’ cousin, Kevin, has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. He has been in treatment with several biopsies, and is scheduled for chemo and a possible bone marrow transplant. He’s in his mid20s, and he and his wife had two small girls. All good thoughts and prayers will be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Falling always gives us a rotten feeling. Could you secure the rug without ruining it, so that it doesn't pose a hazard?

I can't walk through my kitchen these days without knocking something down, and then I feel fat. (I'm just misshapen.)

Do take care.

Thinking good thoughts for Kevin, as well as for his family.

Mary Z said...

The rug really does mostly stay put - it's heavy and about 10' long. But if it causes any more problems, it's gone (undoubtedly to one of the girls).

Unknown said...

Lord, please bring Thy peace and support to your child Kevin. He has much of Thy work here left to do, and we humbly pray that you choose to have him do it here on earth rather than in Thy heavenly halls.
Thy will be done, and for this we pray....

Amen