Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Physical therapy update


I went to my 6th PT treatment this morning. They do push (literally as well as figuratively). Necessary, though.

Of interest, I mentioned that friend was having a total knee replacement this morning, and I wasn't envying her the therapy. The therapist said "oh, that's not nearly as hard as the shoulder therapy you're having". I never would've thought that. Go figure.

The therapist keeps adding more things to do. The tasks are really hard at first, but do tend to get easier. And, she says that my range of motion is increasing satisfactorily - that was good to hear.

===================================
Flo Jean did very well with her surgery.  I talked with her tonight.  She'll be running the hospital before she leaves - possibly on Saturday.

1 comment:

Sian said...

Ouch - I know physiotherapy can be painful. And it doesn't help when you KNOW you have to work through the pain whatever. Hope things get easier for you soon. But do take it easy and don't overdo things. It will take time for your body to recover. Sending healing vibes...