Sunday, November 11, 2012

Discoveries

One of the good things about writing a blog is getting comments. I love the comments from long-time readers, who become friends. And I love getting them from new people - learning about people who read what I write.

This happened the other day when there was a comment from Yorkshire Pudding.   
How could I pass up a name like that? So I went directly to his blog. The post for that day was a poem he had written on Gluttony.  That was certainly enough to catch and hold my attention. He has a whole series of poems on the Seven Deadly Sins, and I’d suggest you check them out. He’s also a terrific photographer and documentarian of Yorkshire, England.
 
On the blog listing on Yorkshire Pudding’s page, I saw a link to Rhymes with Plague with an address in Georgia. I couldn’t pass that up - a link on a blog in Yorkshire, England, to a blog in our neighbor state. So now I’ve started reading a blog from a fellow who’s about half-way between here and Atlanta. What fun!

Check them out.

5 comments:

Sian said...

I too love reading Yorkshire Pudding's posts. The Gluttony one is brilliant (Bev in SF told me about that particular post). Sadly I don't seem to have much time to READ other blogs at the moment.

Which is WHY I seem to have missed you had shoulder surgery???? I didn't see that one coming. Hope you make a speedy recovery and be kind to yourself!

Harriet said...

Only those of us who follow our online journals seem to get it. How sad for the FBers and Tweeters!

One of my best "finds" is you!

Captain Poolie said...

Entire worlds open up here in the land of online journaling. I just love it!

Putz said...

i have been going to bob for 7 years and occassionally{spelling} to YP <><>so that is seven years of him going on and on on and on<<>i am a putz which means miss shapened spirit{body is ok} i have also bolgged for years but recently have spuffed out<><><>i am always embarassing myself, come over and see a tiny elfin on my bog, 400 years old and please comment

Mary Z said...

Nice to meet you, Putz. I'll be dropping in to your place to visit from time to time.

Sian, there were actually two surgeries following the initial accident on 31 July. Hopefully the most recent one (25 October) will be the last one for a long time.