Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Election day - but we voted two weeks ago.

Not a good night - or morning. I was due for a pain pill about 1-2 a.m., with the next one to be at 7 (just before PT). I woke up about 3, unable to get comfortable, and wondering why I hurt so much. I moved to the chair, but was afraid to take another pain pill. I did sleep until about 6, and then took the med at 7. The overnight cold and rain probably didn’t help, either.

I told the therapist and said maybe I just thought I took it, but didn’t. She suggested that maybe I had dreamed it. In any case, I now know I need to be more careful with meds in the middle of the night. Guess I’ll have to be sure I’m awake and write down the time I take it, or else lay out the medicine so I‘ll know. The therapy session was no picnic, either. She made me cry once, but it was better after that. A couple of the stretches I did very well with (I think).

A haircut and shampoo after the session made life a little better. To say nothing of a nice nap and some quality chair time.

We might even watch a few election returns. There will be no local surprises, unfortunately, but I do have hopes nationally.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Oh, that sounds tough. But I would bet that you are going to be good at it.