Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Winter Solstice!

The swimming group’s Christmas party was this morning after class. I didn't get there. I had a physical exam this morning, that had been scheduled for six months. I didn't get out of the doctor's office until 11, and figured most of the gals would be gone by then. I knew John would be. He loves these gals, and always enjoys being around them - plus they're great cooks. But he doesn't do well with a lot of noise and hubbub and, of course, that's always part of such a gathering, too. So he ate and enjoyed and came home.

Everything was fine with my physical. The doc said all my meds seemed to be doing what they were supposed to be doing - thyroid okay; total cholesterol a bit high, but offset by excellent good cholesterol, so no treatment there; BP was okay. She did a pap smear (hadn't had one of those in ages, because I had a total hysterectomy umpteen years ago, so no parts left), and gave me a prescription for my mammogram. I'll set that up for next month sometime.
--------------------------------------------------
Today is one of my favorite days of the year - the winter solstice - the day when the minutes/hours of daylight start increasing. This is called the official first day of winter, but it is also when the days start getting longer.
===============================
A rural "street" of the Mekong River in Vietnam.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harriet said...

That's a really good way to think of today -- the day when the days start getting longer. (How I hate to get up in the dark!) Here, it's the birthday of my oldest daughter as well as the anniversary of when we moved into the Cheesebox, on her first birthday.

I'm glad all went well with the doctor. Be well!