Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Not your ordinary Wednesday

Another student and I “taught” the swim class today. We’re not very good, but we do keep the folks moving. I picked up my painting that I was having framed for the benefit. It looks SO good, and while no framing is “cheap”, this wasn’t as bad as I was afraid it would be. We can’t get a photo of it in the frame because of reflections. This painting is to go in a silent auction to celebrate the 25th anniversary of our local arts organization. They’ll put my reserve price on the piece, and the organization gets 35% of the sales price. Our friends are getting married the night of the event, so we won’t get to go to the party.

I got an eye exam and refraction today. All is well - no problems left over from the fall. I ordered new glasses. Even though I didn’t break mine in the fall, there was a scratch at the edge of my visual field that was becoming annoying. I’d had those for four years, so there was enough change in the prescription to warrant new ones. Of course, they cost an arm and a leg, but I know these are good frames (same brand as the ones I have now, which didn’t even get out of alignment when I fell). And I have the progressive lenses, which are more expensive. Of course, I won’t get them until we get back.
-------------------------------------------------------
How sad to hear of the death of Steve Jobs. It was not a surprise, but still…. What a giant he was in the electronics industry. I’ve never used any Apple products, but they certainly have had an influence on all of the computer and communication devices. He’ll be missed.
=================================
You can still see ox carts on the roads in Cambodia. Riding in one is very dusty and uncomfortable.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: