Thursday, October 27, 2011

Is Octoer almost over???

October is usually one of my favorite months. And this one had one incredibly special happening - the wedding of our Alison to our new grandson, Joe.

Other stuff hasn’t been so great. We buried our dear Betsy’s ashes. She did give us a beautiful day, and an opportunity to get some of our far-flung family together for the first time in quite a while.

K had a recurrence of the parotid gland tumor. He’s receiving a new type of radiation treatment and some chemo at MDAnderson Hospital. I’ve been in Houston keeping him company.

The husband of one of our swimmers has had MD for quite some time. He’s been in the hospital for several weeks, and is now on dialysis and a respirator.

We found out today that the woman who’s been cutting our hair for many years has been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer. The docs are still determining the specifics of the tumor and then the treatment options.

I don’t know that November will be any better, but, like October, it’ll start out with a celebration of Alison and Joe’s marriage.
=========================
The Royal Palace, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

Blogger is acting up. It's not letting me go back and edit my post - or rather it'll let me edit, but then won't post the correction (sorry about the typo in "October"). And it seems the only way I can do a post is with a photo through Picasa. And I just don't have the energy or desire to figure it out right now. I'll just muddle through. Bear with me.

Bev Sykes said...

Yeah, this wasn't the best October for me either, with my cousin's dying and death taking center stage. I also had another major life event happen that nobody knows about but me and it was very painful to have to go through that alone.

Thinking positive: November will be better.