Monday, October 03, 2011

Amazing people

One of the blogs I follow is called That’s My Answer. One of her questions today was ‘What amazing people have you met lately?”

My answer was:
The people in my swim group that I'm with every week: one just diagnosed with Parkinson's whose husband is amazingly a 5 1/2-year survivor of pancreatic cancer; one with severe back problems who's taking care of her wheelchair-bound husband with MS; one whose husband died 2 years ago after a long bout with brain cancer, whose son is not doing well with bone cancer, whose sister survived breast cancer only to develop bladder cancer, whose other son is an alcoholic. And these are some of the most upbeat, cheerful, active women you'd ever want to be around.

Isn’t it wonderful that we can be around these great people - who don’t think they’re special at all. Maybe they’re not - but they are to me.

=================================
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: