Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What would YOU do with old photographs?

What do you do with old photographs????

I have a box of photographic negatives, about 4.5 x 6.5". A friend bought them at a garage sale about10 years ago, and gave them to me because of my interest in photography. I would love to be able to return them to their original family.

They look like they were from a photography studio, but have no printing on them. Some of the deteriorating brown-paper sleeves have names written on them, and those are the only clues I can find. These are some of the names on the sleeves. The only dates I find are 1938 and 1941. As best as I can tell from the negatives, they are formal portraits, and surely give a delightful "picture" of the life of a family of that era - at least one that could afford to have such photographs taken.

I would dearly LOVE to have prints made from these negatives. Maybe I'll try again to find someone to do it for me.

Today's photo is of one of the negatives and sleeves.

No comments: