Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Hazy, hot, and humid!


I seem to have had a major attack of the dumbs with the socks today. I've spent a good part of my knitting time today doing "frog" knitting (You know - Rip-it! Rip-it!) And I'm probably going to have to rip some more out tomorrow. I've done most of a pair for Vicki's husband, and the two socks don't come anywhere close to matching. So I'm either going to make one longer, or one shorter - either one of which requires more ripping! I've been doing all sorts of snarling and cursing.

John rowed this morning. He was a happy camper all day long - even with the blister that came up. That always happens when he has to be away from rowing for a while - he has to build up his calluses again. It didn't matter, though - it was a perfect morning!

We brought some of the left-over gumbo home from the beach (frozen, of course). (Thanks, Anne!) I fixed some rice and we had the end of it for supper tonight. Yum!

We've started into real summer - the old Hazy, Hot, and Humid thing. The forecast for the next week predicts highs around 90, with a chance of late afternoon thunderstorms. We call it the "phone-in" forecast. We'll just keep remembering the beach.

No comments: