Saturday, July 05, 2008

Is today Saturday?


Yesterday felt like Saturday all day long. And then here it is Saturday again. And we can't even blame it on having our working schedule out of whack. Amazing how that works!

I did actually get out of the house today. The 31st Exhibition of the Tennessee Watercolor Society is currently being held in Knoxville, TN. I went to pick up my show catalog and a DVD of the paintings and the juror's remarks about the winners. This exhibit isn't on the web site yet, but there are other examples of the quality of work done by members of this organization. Check it out.

I finished another book by William Kent Krueger. This police procedure mystery series is new to me, and I'm enjoying them very much. The protagonist is a sheriff in the Boundary Waters area of Minnesota. If you like this genre, give them a try.

We watched some of the Olympic swimming trials, and then pulled out another NetFlix movie. Music and Lyrics is a 2006 romantic comedy with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. Grant does this type of role very well. It was just a light bit of fluff, but made for a pleasant evening's viewing.

Last night, I finished the first of Jean's socks using the yarn she dyed at the beach. When I posted the pictures of the dyed pieces, I promised a look at the socks, so here it is.

1 comment:

Sian said...

love the colours in the sock! Just been catching up on your blog. Gorgeous beach pictures - I'm envious of acres of white sand and HEAT! Sian