Sunday, July 06, 2008

The shrine


The most exciting thing that happened around here this weekend was my doing the wash today. Wow, exciting stuff! But we've got a busy week coming up.

I'm well along with Jean's second sock, and it looks like I'm going to have enough yarn to make another pair from this neat yarn. She's lucky. My feet are way too big for that to be a possibility for me.

I don't guess I've ever mentioned the shrine and icons we have at the beach. This started in early 1997. When we came home from our trip to Antarctica, there were flamingoes in our front yard. We've never identified the perpetrators, and that just makes it more fun. And they continue to migrate here to the house. But even more so to the beach. You can't begin to imagine the number and variety.

And so, today's photo is of the primary shrine at the bech house.

No comments: