Thursday, July 31, 2008

From Guggle to Zatch

We've had off-and-on thunder and off-and-on rain all day today, but nothing too substantial from either.

I went from Alpha to Omega today or maybe it was from Guggle to Zatch (from James Thurber's story, The 13 Clocks, if you remember that one). I got my monthly pedicure this morning. And at the other end, John and I both got haircuts.



But speaking of old books, do you have a favorite Thurber story? How about Dr. Seuss? We all either read them to our children, or had them read to us. They all have such wonderful values - cleverly hidden in all that wordy silliness. My favorite was always Happy Birthday to You! I think that's probably the only one of the children's books that I kept.


Well, no, I just thought of another early Dr. Seuss, The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins. Which ones do you remember?

3 comments:

JeanZ said...

I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew Where they never had troubles or at least very few.

I'm glad you like the Mexican Train. At least I know I'm not the only one playing it.

Jean

Anonymous said...

Bartholomew and the Oobleck! Haven't tried the Mexican Train yet - I have an addictive personality you know.

k

Mary Z said...

Thanks! I'd forgotten those. And I also remember "You're not my mother - you're a Snort!" I was A Snort many times.

And John's been playing Mexican Train, too.