Sunday, September 03, 2017

Sunday Stealing

Back to School

1.  What kind of school did you attend (Big? Small? Public? Private? Specialty? One-room schoolhouse?) I went to a large public high school.
2. What did you wear to school (uniform? dress code? Whatever you wanted?)
This was before the days when girls could wear anything but dresses to school.  Other than that, we could wear anything we wanted.
3.  How did you get to school?
I first rode a city bus, then got a ride with a friend.
4.  Who was your favorite teacher?  Why?
I liked my French teacher - we just got along well.
5.  What was your favorite subject?  Why?
I liked French and math.
6.  What was your least favorite subject?  Why?
I didn't particularly dislike any of them, maybe the science classes.
7.  Did you belong to any clubs?
I belonged to one of the social clubs, maybe the French club.
8.  Were you a picky reader?
Nope, I'd read anything.
9.  What did you do in your free time?
I don't remember anything special.
10.  Did you get good grades?
Yes, I was in the Nat'l Honor Society and the top 10% of my large graduating class.
11.  Did you like/participate in sports?
No and no.
12.  Did you have a boyfriend/girlfriend in high school?
I did the last part of my sophomore year and my junior year.  We remained friends after that.
13.  When did you get your driver’s license?
On my 16th birthday.
14.  What kind of kid were you?  (Popular? Class clown? Shy?  A nerd?  Teacher’s pet?)
Probably pretty nerdy, maybe teacher's pet for some teachers.
15.  Who were your heroes?
I don't remember having any.
16.  Were you ever bullied?
Not that made an impression.
17.  Did you learn how to touch type?
Yes, on those old big manual typewriters, with the letters covered.  I was very good, and worked as a medical transcriptionist until I retired.
18.  Who was your best friend?  (Are you still friends today?)
Anne and I are still friends 65 years later and get together once or twice a year.  She and Nick (John's high school friend) got flooded out in Houston, and are working their way up from the disaster.
19.  What is one thing you regret about high school?
No regrets.
20.  What were you most proud about?
Getting good grades and being admitted to the (then) Rice Institute.

No comments: