Thursday, September 26, 2013

Dental visits


I spent most of the morning in various dental offices. My regular dentist started on my tooth (back upper left), with the numbing and drilling, etc. Then he stopped and got another x-ray to be sure about the amount of decay. After reviewing the film, he said that there was more decay than he had hoped, and that it was going to call for a crown or maybe a root canal or just to lose the tooth. I had thought about this before, and decided that if those were my options, I was just going to lose the tooth. I told him that since it was a back tooth, and I was 77 years old, that I had decided earlier that I would just have it removed. He agreed, and sent me to the oral surgeon in an adjoining building.

I saw the surgeon and got a brief oral exam and conversation. My appointment is for ten days, and he'll do it with a light anesthesia. John will need to come with me to drive, but it sounds fairly straightforward. And so it goes.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: