Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday's new toys


The grocery trips were very brief today - since we’re heading out of town. But that gave me time to go to the knit store for some advice on the size and gauge of the next sweater. They’re wonderfully helpful.

My new camera came in the mail today. It’s a refurbished Nikon Coolpix S9300, that I got from Woot. The price was just too good to pass up. I’d been thinking about getting a point-and-shoot. I really hate to give up my Canon EOS Rebel, but I’m just having too much trouble holding it. This Nikon doesn’t have a viewfinder and that’s going to cause me some learning problems, but I’m going to work with it.

I’ve gotten most of it figured out, with just one hitch. We (John tried, too) can’t figure out how to download the pictures into my laptop. We can get them into John’s desktop - both ones stored in the camera’s interior memory and ones on the removable memory card, using either the USB cord or the card reader, just won’t go into my laptop. Oh, well - that’s not insurmountable, and we’ll have to deal with it when we get home.

=============================

From an overlook on the Foothills Parkway (John’s Nikon SLR)

1 comment:

Harriet said...

You have a knitting store! I haven't seen one since my college days, when I became a serious knitter.

I have no trouble buying yarn, but I loved being able to find the right buttons. They carried loose buttons, so I could choose six regular and one small one, instead of having to buy two or three cards.

Who am I kidding? I can barely keep my eyes on crocheting any more. 8)