Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sunday Stealing


Let Me Give Your Heart A Break Meme

Do you prefer a lot of ice in your drinks or just a little bit of ice?
Lots of ice

Which condiment (ketchup, mustard, etc.) do you use the most of?
Mustard and mayonnaise

Does war scare you?
I think war is a terrible thing any time, any place. But I don’t obsess about it.

Do you know any songs that are older than you are?
Lots of them.

Are you comfortable sharing drinks with your friends?
Certainly

What season were you born in?
Spring

Have you ever spent over $100.00 on an article of clothing? What was it?
Yes. I just got a good pair of walking-type shoes.

Do you think you’re too hard on yourself sometimes?
Probably sometimes. Probably not hard enough at other times.

What pizza place do you usually order from?
We don’t usually order pizza, but lately it’s been from Papa Murphy. I don’t buy from Domino because the owners are major donors to anti-abortion organizations. And I don’t buy Papa John because he threatened to cut his employees’ hours if he had to provide insurance coverage for them.

Honestly, have you ever mooned or flashed somebody?
No

Do you have a least favorite color?
Not really. I don’t look good in olive green or khaki, so I don’t wear those colors.

Honestly, have you ever written something on a bathroom stall?
No

Who do you consider to be the king of pop?
Frank Sinatra - I am old, you know.

Do you know all of the words to any children’s song?
Certainly. Any parent does.

Can you name 3 purple foods? 
Eggplant, plums, grapes

When was the last time you made a pinky promise?
I can’t remember if I ever did.

What celebrity do you wish would have a big comeback?
The only ones I’d like to see have comebacks are dead.

Do you think your parents know things about you that you don’t want them to?
I’m sure they did.

Have you ever walked into a spider web?
Yes - yuck.

What grocery store do you usually get your food from?
WalMart and Aldi, sometimes Publix and Costco

What would be your happily ever after?
Views on this change with age, of course. Now, it would be to remain lucid, healthy, and independent for as long as possible.

When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
A couple of weeks ago, but just briefly.

Who is the worst driver you know?
John’s dad, when he was heading into dementia.

How about the best driver?
I don’t know that I can name a “best”.

Are you shorter or taller than most of your friends?
I used to be taller, but now about the same.

Do you know anybody who was born on a holiday?
My niece was born on Christmas Day. One grandson was born on Elvis’s birthday (does that count?).

What is one thing you really don’t like sharing?
I don’t guess I’d like to share my toothbrush.

Have you ever been hit on through text message?
Much too old for that.

What was the last junk food you ate?
I’m not much of a junk foodie - can’t think of anything.

Do you prefer sweet or sour candy?
Sweet

What was the last alcoholic beverage you consumed?
It’s been so long ago, I don’t remember

Currently waiting on something/someone?
Waiting on loved ones to get out of hospitals.

What was the last thing you watched on television?
Local news.

How old will you be in 12 months?
78

Do you sleep naked?
No

Have you ever held hands with someone in a car?
Of course

Could you go the rest of your life without smoking a cigarette?
Yes - haven’t smoked in about 35 years.

What do you say during awkward silences?
By definition, it’s silent.

When will you next see the last person you texted?
When she gets back into town.

Honestly, when is the last time you have been to Texas?
I grew up in Texas, and still have family there. Last time for a wedding in 2012.
=============================================
From the Blue Ridge Parkway

No comments: