Monday, December 24, 2012

How did you spend YOUR Christmas Eve?

We went to the Y this morning. John slogged away on the elliptical machine and I did about 40 minutes of workout in the pool. No class this morning - I was just on my own.

Next we went to Whole Foods and got a couple of Dungeness crabs for our special Christmas meal. I've never been to a Whole Foods before - and probably won't go again. I thought I'd get a few other things, but WOW! they think highly of what they sell. The crabs are special and not easily found around here. But I'm not about to pay those prices for lettuce or oranges. We stopped at another store on the way home and got some "regular stuff".

Later in the afternoon, we went to visit for a while with Carol and Stephen. Carol’s our friend who hurt her back a few days ago. She’s doing well so far with her bed rest - pain can be a very definite taskmaster. We’re just trying to help her get through the few more days until she can get the MRI and find out what treatment will be recommended.

It’s going to be a rainy Christmas around here. Santa is going to have a tough time tonight, getting through the heavy local fog, but I imagine he’ll get his rounds made.

 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

No comments: