Monday, May 16, 2011

Special Monday

We had a great party this morning after swimming - a 70th birthday party for one of our group. The hostess insisted on doing all the work, and it was terrific. She had even made a swan-shaped fruit basket out of a watermelon and a “strawberry tree” (a cone decorated underneath with tiny lettuce leaves, and studded with whole strawberries dipped in white chocolate on toothpicks. Great fun, gorgeous and delicious! We stayed so long I even skipped going to WalMart this morning.

We did get to bridge. I was second-high last week (amazing!). The cards today were mostly pretty bad. My best two rounds were the ones I played with John. We’re getting better playing as partners. That pretty much capped the day. It was home and into soft clothes.
==================
Abbotsbury, England

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The strawberry tree sounds fabulous. I love stuff like that!