Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother Nature

I don’t plan to make a habit out of it, but I did do a little housekeeping today.

The flood on the Mississippi at Memphis crested last night, and is moving on down towards New Orleans and the Gulf. They’re saying it’ll probably be the end of the month before the water is completely gone. And it will leave such an incredible muddy, yucky, snakey mess. Our temperature was near 90 today, and we turned on the air conditioner. They’re predicting a new record high of 92 for tomorrow. Mother Nature sometimes is NOT a nice person.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I knit so I won't kill people." A quote from a professional knitter friend.
On the knitting front here, I’m half-way through the lace shawl that I’m knitting now. It’s a really pretty shade of blue - and I think will be very nice when I finish it and get it blocked.

==================================
The English Channel, Cogdon Beach

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: