Friday, May 13, 2011

Late, but still Doing the Happy Dance

Sorry to be late this with. I've been unable to get into Blogger to print - although this edition was done relatively early last night. Oh, well - better late than never - at least somebody said that sometime...


My new Kindle was delivered this afternoon (yesterday). All my books have been downloaded into the new device, and I’ve been reading away. The book I was reading on my phone showed up at the page where I last read. I’m definitely a happy camper.
====================================
We started out to go to bridge today (yesterday) - a new day and time for us. We would have made two extras, so we just left this time. We’ll try again, and maybe at the Wednesday session, too. We also got our haircuts. After that, we went to what we thought would be one of a series of lectures at the Hunter Museum. It turned out to be called Arts + Issues and is done as an “in-gallery community dialogue with various community leaders and the museum curator education direction. Not exactly what we had in mind, and we were definitely uncomfortable sitting on the collapsible stools in the gallery for an hour. We’ll have to check on the next program before we decide whether or not to attend.
=====================================
Political Commentary: You may have missed it, but Newt Gingrich announced that he was forming a committee to investigate a possible run for the Presidency. (What a surprise!) In the Chattanooga Times Free Press, this story was given all the respect and attention it earned and deserved. The story was run in Section B (Metro and Region News) on page 2. This is the page that usually carries local news from the Chattanooga suburban area in North Georgia and North Alabama. Don’t you just love it!

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I didn't miss it. In January 2003, some 20 months before the 2004 presidential election, I wrote about candidates who peak too early.

It's the same thing. It's a year before the primaries and conventions, and everybody and his uncle is throwing his hat in the ring.

We shall all be heartily sick of it before the time comes to make a choice. (But my choice won't be Newt!)