Thursday, February 03, 2011

An early birthday for myself

I did a couple of errands after sleeping in this morning. But the main thing I accomplished today was to spend some money and get myself an early birthday present. I upgraded my phone to a Droid-X. I'm still pretty tentative with it, and am a lousy "thumb-typist", so it'll take some time. But I'm excited, and now don't have to worry about flying and schlepping my laptop. Plus there's a Droid class being offered later in the month, which I'll probably take. I might even know enough by then to understand what they're talking about.

We’ve gotten the appropriate information about getting a visa for Vietnam, so we should be able to get that done tomorrow.

We capped off the day by going to the symphony a day early (we had switched our tickets). There was another guest conductor (not tops on my list, but then I don’t get a vote on the selection). The music was an interesting collection of a Beethoven overture, the Leonard Bernstein symphonic suite from the movie ‘On the Waterfront’; and one of our favorites, Dvorak’s 9th Symphony (From the New World). All in all, an excellent program.
=====================
A side view of Saints Mary & Edburga, Stratton-Audley, across the graveyard. The small arched doorway is a Norman door (this is a VERY old village).

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: