Friday, February 11, 2011

Dignity, always dignity!

By noon today, the parts of the puzzle came together. When we got home from coffee, John found the parking pass in the street in front of the house. About noon, we got a call from a lady about 5 houses up the hill who had found the glasses (my name and # were in the case). She had picked them up in the curve below our house. John walked down that way and found the tickets. Obviously I had put the stuff on the roof of the car and then we drove off. He says from now on, I have to take a purse and not just put things in my pockets.

The glasses case is a bit the worse for the experience (obviously hit or run over), although not unusable. The glasses are okay, except one lens is out of the frame - I'm sure the optometrist can fix that and tighten them back up. So no harm done, except to my dignity, and that we missed seeing the game in person. And one of my favorite lines from Singing in the Rain is “Dignity, always dignity!”

Our day had a special end. Carol’s husband is still in the hospital, so John and I suggested going out to dinner with her. This grew until we were a party of eight at a local restaurant. We had good food, good friendship, and hopefully sent some good vibes for Stephen’s recovery.
==================
Saints Mary & Edburga, Stratton-Audley

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: