Sunday, December 05, 2010

The seasons change...

John was the one who did something constructive today. He borrowed a car from a friend so he could winterize his shell, load it on the car, and take it to its winter home in another rower’s basement. This is always a sad day because it means the end of the rowing season until spring.

I, on the other hand, managed only to do the weekly laundry, listen to some BookTV, and get some knitting done.

On BookTV, I listened to part of an interview with Salman Rushdie. Of course, I’ve heard of him for years, since someone in the world of Islam took offense at one of his books and placed a price on his head. But I’ve never read any of his books. He sounded like a very interesting man. I’d like to read something he wrote, but I don’t know where to start. Any suggestions from you folks out there? I have gotten a sample of a collection of his essays for my Kindle, but haven’t had a chance to read any of it yet. We’ll see how it goes.
==============================
This is the harbor at Grimsey.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: