Friday, August 20, 2010

"Iceland" is a misnomer

I guess there will be lots of slow days for a while - until I find something to fill up the times that I spent at the Studio/Gallery. Today was no exception to that.

John did some looking for flights for the trip next spring to SE Asia. And I started looking for some clothes - skirts in particular. I looked at the sale stuff on the Coldwater Creek web site. Anything that wa long enough (for me - 36”) didn’t come in my size. I had about decided to get some fabric and make a couple of skirts. Then I talked to Vicki and she said they had lots of summer clothes on sale at Belk - so I guess I’ll head over there in the morning. The predicted highs during our trip will be around 90, so I guess we’ll be needing summer-weight clothes.
========================================
In talking to one of the Rice alums on the Iceland trip, I found that his aunt and I were classmates in high school and at Rice. It really is a small world. I got an e-mail from her today, and will be writing. (Hi, Helen!)
------------------------------------------
These photos were taken from the bus on the Snaefellsness Peninsula. The colors are pretty true - it is green in Iceland.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: