Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A really long day

We've had solid rain all day today. I don't know how much - I'll have to check the gauge in the morning after the rain stops.

The surgeon said that he could now see new bone at the fracture site on John's latest x-rays, and he could feel bone growth. And John is having no pain. So they are not considering any surgery right now, and he is to continue physical therapy for as long as he and the therapist feel he is continuing to make progress. And the surgeon says promised him that he would be able to row in the spring. So that's where that stands.

Today was a very long day for me. I left the house at 9 and picked up a book at the library. Next to get my car's emission test so I can order new tags for 2010. I went to the gallery for the day, but took time out to go with John to a lawyer's office. We've made a slight change in our medical power of attorney/living will, which required signatures and initials on four documents each, plus signatures of two witnesses and getting them notarized.

I went back to the gallery and stayed until nearly 4. I had an executive committee (of the Friends of the Library) budget meeting at 4:30 - I'm VP for the upcoming year, so that's another meeting for me. That ran long, of course, so I just stayed downtown to meet John and Allan at UTC for a concert by the UTC Symphony Orchestra. The first part was pretty good - understanding that these are just students. But the second part was pretty poor. Oh, well....

No time for supper before the concert, so I was pretty hungry when it was over. I had to drive home in the dark, in the rain (YUCK!), but I stopped to get a BK Whopper Junior and fries for supper. So now I'm happily in my chair with the heating pad - and it's still raining.

Whew - I'm not used to being out and about for 12 hours. I'm headed for the bed shortly!

No comments: