Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another grey day - heading to Thanksgiving

Today was another gloomy chilly day today. I had to go back to Walmart today to get the few things I had forgotten yesterday. Yuck! But I got there about 8, so it wasn't too bad.

I went by the bank and got the cash I needed for our Xmas presents for the girls and grands. I have always written checks, but it's been a hassle. Since we'll be seeing at least all the parents this weekend, and most of the grands, I'm comfortable with getting the envelopes to them directly. It's certainly easier that way, and now it's done! (Oops, sorry - now you know what you're getting for Xmas.)

I got a little bit of "cooking" done this afternoon - made the dips for snacks. I'll get most of the stuff that I can do ahead of time tomorrow afternoon and Thursday morning. It's supposed to be cold enough Friday night that I'll be able to use the big walk-in refrigerator (the screened porch).

I'm always tired when I finish the cooking for Thanksgiving, but we do spread it out over three days. AND, I've finally learned to sort of pace myself in the preparations. And there is so much good help.
----------------
Today's photo is the courthouse in Lyons, NY.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: