Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday

Lisa Bentley is one of our "beach bums", a professional dancer and make-up artist, and a very special lady. Check out this video of her dancing. It's a long video, but worth watching.
Click here to watch.

The gallery got rearranged a bit while I was gone. It looks good, though. We're featuring all of the group this month - with no solo show scheduled until next month. I stayed all day, since I had a Friends of the Library council meeting at 4:30. There was some controversy about some personality conflicts during the meeting this time, and it ran almost 2 hours. Personal dynamics and clashes can be most interesting - when you're not one of those involved. Fortunately, I wasn't. And, as usual, I was oblivious to the various cliques and rivalries. I'm SO out of place in this group - and really feel that I don't have much to contribute. I'll stick with it, though - at least through the end of my term (December 2010).

I've been doing a lot of knitting of different things lately. I finished a short-sleeved, light-weight sweater for Jean to wear over tank-top dresses to work. I got that mailed off to her this morning. And I've started another one today. Also, I'm doing one of the baby "surprise sweaters" for one of the swimmers' first grandbaby, due in October.

Today's photo is the shrimp boat that was regularly working the water along our beach. We thought it would be nice if he would just make deliveries to our door, but alas.....

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mickle in NZ said...

Hope you got a good feed of scrimp any way!

Mary Z said...

You know we did - every single day!