Friday, July 03, 2009

12 hours

In 12 hours,we'll be on our way!

I worked at the gallery until I closed up at 2. I did a small watercolor, but mostly read and knitted. We had a couple of people come in. We DO love that drop-in traffic. It'd be getter if they'd buy something, but they've got to come in the door first.

Margaret got here this afternoon, and the car is packed except for the cameras and computers and the stuff from the fridge/freezer. Plus we put some stuff in Allan's car.

I don't have a formal check-list for packing, but I do have a couple of big plastic boxes where I keep stuff that doesn't get used except at the beach. For instance, some old towels, bath mats, left-over soap, dishwashing liquid, non-perishable stuff. And I keep a list in the top of each box. And there are big grocery stores and a WalMart in town, so getting something we forgot is no problem. We don't try to take everything, just get it locally.

It's been a lovely day today - warm, but with low humidity. We had carry-out Chinese for supper, and we ate out on the porch. It was very comfortable. But dinner tomorrow will be better!

1 comment:

Mickle in NZ said...

Beach, here you come! Have a super super holiday, dear Mary.

Meanwhile, dear Sian will be hunting out hens (Sian - hope you girls are easy to locate)....

And I'll be knitting in my Zebbycat free moments (Zeb doesn't like knitting). I tummy-rubbed him into submission tonight!

Huggles to all, Michelle