Sunday, July 26, 2009

At Home on Sunday

We both got some unaccustomed work done today. John worked in the yard early this morning - before it got so hot. I did the usual wash, and also did the kitchen and bathroom floors. Somehow my mop had disappeared, and I had to make a quick run to Walmart to blow $5.00 on a new mop. I'm going to stop my housecleaning service. After several months, we've decided that we really don't get that dirty, and that we didn't feel we were getting enough cleaning for our money. Oh, well. We'll make it work.

I've really been gorging on the tomatoes. They are SO good. Plus I fixed some squash and green beans for supper tonight. Allan came over to share in the goodies. Veggies and barbecue. We got some BBQ yesterday from a charity BBQ sale, and it was JUST right!

I just found out that Pat Conroy has a new book, South of Broad, coming out on 11 August. I've already pre-ordered it for my Kindle.

1 comment:

Mickle in NZ said...

Just as long as you stay inside during the really hot times.

Dad does things the same way over their Summer up in Tauranga - works out in the back garden before the day warms up too much.

In NZ, even if it doesn't get as hot as what you face, we have the fierce sunlight to stay away from - yes even when it is cloudy the burn factor is high.

I bought some nice round beans from Aussie today, will dream of good tomatoes.

On the positive side, asparagus season is about 7 weeks away here.

Enjoy your lovely fresh veggies (the photos are drool worthy), and try to keep cool (dare I tell it is only 5C outside at the moment?),

Michelle xxxxx