Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sunday Six

1. I've slept well the two nights since that last "Sleepless in Chattanooga" night.
2. Sue asked me about making the Christmas thing with the mothballs in a tank of water that bounced up and down like snowballs, using the mixture of baking soda and vinegar to make the carbonation bubbles.  I hadn't thought of that in a zillion years.  Did anybody else do that?  Do you remember the formula?
3. That terrible line of thunderstorms roared through here last evening, with only about 0.25" of rain.  It was fast, and nothing severe here. I just learned tonight that there was an F1 tornado in the Nashville area last night.  Wow!
4. It did get cold overnight, but turned out to be a nice sunny day.
5. It's supposed to be near freezing in the morning when I leave for the Y.  So I guess I'll have to scrape the windshield.  I hate doing that.  I think I'll try the spray bottle of alcohol if there's frost.
6. Thinking ahead to Thanksgiving, my friend posted pictures of her table already set for dinner.  That couldn't happen in our family!  For starters, we have our Thanksgiving dinner on the Saturday following Thanksgiving Day.  And, our dinner is never for a finite number of people.  Our celebration has always been with the family who can be there in person, plus an assortment of good friends who are able to be with us. It's probably my favorite holiday for sharing.

No comments: