Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Logistics

The roofers are still banging - but it's not been loud enough for me to resort to ear plugs (yet!).  They still have the parking lot blocked off, but...  This morning, I had no problem getting to my car to go to the Y.  I had placed an order at Walmart for pickup, and hadn't decided how I was going to go about getting it into my apartment.  When I got home, the no-parking-sign for my parking lot was still up, but the barrier was down.  So I pulled up outside my usual door, and took the groceries and my swim bag in and just left them inside the door.  Then I moved my car back to a place near the front of the building, came in, and picked up my stuff (in two trips) to take to the apartment.

Explanation:  My apartment is on the first floor, but the first and second floors were additions added to the rear of the building, on the slope below the larger building.  There are only six apartments on each hallway, and each floor is stepped down, so there is no-one above or below each floor.  This makes the "main" floor, with the main entrance, dining room, etc., on the 3rd floor.  The main part of the building is quite long with something like 24 apartments on the 4th and 5th floors and about 15 apartments plus the Memory Wing on the 3rd floor. 

No comments: