Monday, October 16, 2017

First "real" day of Fall


Glad we're getting some cooler temperatures.  Ours changed dramatically last night when a cold front came through.  We got an inch of rain here overnight, and today is clear and crisp - highs to be only in the 60s!  I got to wear a jacket this morning.


I had placed a pickup order at Walmart for this morning, so got that on the way home from the Y/coffee.  That's the greatest thing since sliced bread!  Y'all know how I hate shopping, so being able to order what I want online and then just pick it up outside the store is fabulous for me!

I Skyped with Jean last night.  She looks (and feels) so much better.  Her eyes are still black, and the color is moving down her face, but the swelling is down considerably.  I may have said - the cut across her forehead was about 4" long, in a V-shape from the outside of one eyebrow to the outside of the other - really awful looking - lots of stitches.  Since a plastic surgeon did the repair, it should heal fairly well, though.

We did a little better at duplicate tonight - came in third out of 9 pairs, and earned a quarter of a master point.

No comments: