Sunday, October 22, 2017

Everyday Miscellany


I haven't been writing much - things have been definitely quiet (not that that's a bad thing), and it would just be monotonous.

The big event of the past week was the beginning of new roofing happening here at The Terrace.  It's been badly needed, so it's a good thing.  However, things do get messed up.  Friday, when I got home from swimming, the parking area nearest my door had been roped off, with no parking inside. Finding a new place to put my car, that was even remotely convenient to a door to the building, was a challenge.  I finally found a place fairly near the front door.  And there my car remains.

We're supposed to get a lot of rain overnight and all day tomorrow.  I'm going to play hooky tomorrow and just stay home all day.  It's would be farther to get to my car in the rain. I'm not comfortable driving in the rain under the best of circumstances - and certainly not in the dark.

My bridge partner is out of town for two weeks, so I'm not going to play duplicate tomorrow night.

I'm getting a lot of knitting done.  I'm about 2/3 of the way through with a summer-weight sweater for myself, and then I'm going to start on some baby sweaters.

I'm even getting some reading done.  I've just finished a new Joanna Brady book (thanks, Kate), and am currently about half-way through an Ivan Doig book I hadn't read before, The Bartender.

Jean is doing well after her accident.  The stitches have been removed and hopefully the scar will fade with time.

No comments: