Thursday, April 03, 2014

Miscellany

I did get two things done today. I went through some of Allan's rowing t-shirts. We're going to have a quilt made from them for Tina. I'll try to get them to the quilt shop tomorrow. And I found a recipe and cooked some lamb ribs for supper. Wayne got us half-a-lamb last fall, and this is the first I've fixed of it. It was delicious! Click here for the recipe I used.

======================

Has anybody out there taken black cohosh for hot flashes? Somebody mentioned that John might try that. I thought I'd get him some at the herb shop tomorrow - just as a trial.

======================

I found it interesting (if patronizing) that, at the news conference this afternoon about the awful Fort Hood shooting, the general found it necessary to mention several times that the hero of the event was the "female MP". He also mentioned a medic, but didn't feel the need to mention the gender of the medic. Is that too nit-picky of me?

1 comment:

Mickle in NZ said...

No, never too nitpicky. mind you I am most stroppily a "Ms". Have been since filling in my first tax return aged 16!

Sending care and love to you both and each. Michellle/Mick,

plus many head butt/Purrrrrrrrrrr/head butts from Ms Megs, the new feline darling and challenge in my life!!!