Saturday, April 05, 2014

Getting things done

It’s amazing that we both accomplished things today.

John went to the boat house and spent several hours getting the club boats rigged for the season.

This was the weekend to get lasagna made. I had gotten the ingredients on Tuesday, and we’d gotten the Bambi-burger into the refrigerator to thaw. The process wound up taking all day. It’s gotten to where I can only stand up to work for about 20-30 minutes, and then I have to sit down for about 10-15 minutes. So I’ve learned to do what I can until the pain says “sit down, you fool!”, and then I sit down.

But, without making too big a mess, I managed to come up with six pretty nice-looking pans of lasagna. John got them in the freezer, and once they’re solidly frozen, we’ll get them stored properly.

And we finished off the evening watching the men’s semi-final games. Congratulations to Connecticut and Kentucky. John and Margaret will be heading to Nashville tomorrow for the women’s semis.

2 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Just to let you know that I made a return courtesy call to your blog and checked out the scenery. Got a nice little taste of your life. Thanks. You seem to have been living a pleasurable retirement. Sorry to hear about the pain you referred to in this post.

Mary Z said...

Welcome, Yorkshire. Please come back anytime.