Monday, April 21, 2014

Again

Our bags are packed (again)
We’re ready to go (again)
Standing there beside the door (again)
---------------------------------------
It’s been a long day, but we’ve really accomplished a lot. Swimming and coffee, of course. I had a just-before-we-leave mani/pedi this morning, and went straight from there to bridge (no lunch for me today). I had terrible cards, with one or two opening hands. Most of them had 3-6 points, and if my partner bid, I’d have a singleton - really awful.

We came straight home to meet with various workmen. The H/VAC guy came by to talk to John about getting our new system, what to buy and when to install it. They came to an agreement, and that’ll be done between the time we get home and when I have surgery. The concrete guy came by, too, to pick up a check for the wrought iron railing. All the fabricator’s work is custom-made, so has to be paid for in advance. He’ll be ready to put the sidewalk in as soon as we get home.

We’re leaving on the 5 a.m. shuttle to Atlanta, heading for LAX. We fly to Kaui on Thursday. I’ll have my iPad, and there is wifi in the apartments, so will still be in touch - just not so much. Stay safe.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Have fun, be safe.